Two dozen rare B-sides from Stax Records’ “blue” period, many reissued for the first time.
Out of stock.
An enormous and impressive undertaking, “The Complete Stax-Volt Singles 1959-68” box set was issued in 1991. While pleased with its content, hardcore collectors were nevertheless disappointed that it was not as “complete” as it claimed to be, as it featured all the A-sides and only selected B-sides. While highly welcome, its release left more than 100 of approximately 225 “blue period” Stax and Volt B-sides un-reissued in any form. Several of those sides have since featured on CD compilations, either as individual tracks here and there or on Kent’s recent “The Other Side Of The Trax”, but that still left many awaiting reissue. Fortunately, the success of “The Other Side Of The Trax” has warranted this second volume. The 24 tracks here span almost the whole of Stax Records’ blue period, as far back as when the label was still called Satellite.
1. I Dont Want No Trouble - Barbara & The Browns
2. Whatcha Gonna Do - William Bell
3. Fine And Mellow - Rufus Thomas
4. Grab This Thing Part 2 - The Mar-Keys
5. You Make A Strong Girl Weak - The Premiers
6. The Puppet - Carla Thomas
7. All night Worker - Rufus Thomas
8. Good Love, Bad Love - Eddie Floyd
9. I Don't Worry - Barbara Stephens
10. Deep Down Inside - Carla & Rufus
11. Don't Make Something Out Of Nothing - William Bell
12. The dribble - The Mar-Keys
13. It's Starting To Grow - Carla Thomas
14. Talkin' Bout True Love - Rufus Thomas
15. One Plus One - William Bell
16. Never Let You Go - Rufus & Carla Thomas
17. Reputation - The Four Shells
18. Minnie Skirt Minnie (Instrumental) - Sir Mack Rice